Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Tribute to My Brother, the Unsung Hero of my Life

Oh 2020 when your horrors finally visited my heart

Not even my computer skills could enable me to click the “UNDO” Button to reverse the time and let 2019 reimburse me with my loving kid brother

You have robbed me of a Hero I should be telling my grandchildren in a thousand stories

Whose name sits at the root of my success story, as people know me today

A young man who stretched his hands wide enough to hold me and clean me up when life threw me on the garbage dump. When my cry though loud enough was too silent for those with the means to render a hand. But you Thomas was God's gift to me

Oh, Thomas, my brother did I thank you enough for your kindness and empathy?

Did I say in so many words that you knew I owed my success to you?

OH, God, I ask, why did you not warn me ahead of time? Nevertheless, I hear the Lord saying who holds the time and who sets the rules?

Though I cry to the Lord to remove this thorn from my heart, He replies, my grace is sufficient for you and my voice dissolves therein

Like a flower today is and tomorrow is no more, so has your life faded before my eyes

I will put my tears in a bottle before God and let the Lord Judge the devil for every tear I will shed

My writing pen warbles TO and FRO to find words to comfort my own heart, but none reverberates in my soul to make the pain go away.
Thomas, you put others before you and made everyone smile in your soft-spoken words of humor and grace

What shall I tell your daughters and what shall I say to Junior, that their superman is not coming back this time. Shall they understand this mystery of life?

The earth awaits to swallow you in its belly but the earth should know better that you are a seed and you will give back fruit in a thousand forms.

In all this, I am comforted with words of the Apostle Paul who said the Lord will not allow circumstances beyond which you can handle to overwhelm you. I know that the Lord has my back in this and He will not abandon us in this hour of need.

Go well my CHAMPION as the Angels of Lord carry you with the honor you planted in all of us as an eternal testimony that your children will not be forsaken nor shall they beg for bread

In the Almighty, we will rest

No comments:

In Their eyes We Looked like Grasshoppers

  WE are so Great as Africans no wonder someone has spent all their energies to convince us that we are nothing. Unfortunately, we have beli...