Sunday, December 24, 2017

Getting Lost in Someone else's Success is Your Greatest Disaster

Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.
~Leon J. Sue

One great lesson I have learnt in the year 2018 is to choose to work on my goals in my free time away from my regular job. When I thought I did not have enough time to do the things I love to do, I realize that I actually do have the time. The biggest distraction for every one I know is social media and television. I realize that, the people we watch on television, have chosen to work on their dreams, perfected their acts and are having fun while making money doing what they love to do. To make yourself to feel better, you call them celebrities.

Do you remember your childhood dream? from which you have been distracted being busy with your current job? (the one you chose for convenience and you may not even like or love) the one you do because you need to pay bills and take care of your family. You and I still have the chance to go back to do our childhood passions. You don't even have to quit your job to achieve it. We waste a lot of time trying to watch the bad news by the media, the kind the media thinks we need! What if you chose to stop watching the bad news that you have no control over and started using your free time thinking about your dream and working on a plan of action. Remember, everything you need to achieve your dream is already wired in your DNA and ready to manifest if only you let it.  

One thing I have learnt is that watching a lot of television and movies if you like or resorting to social media fantasies is a sudo way of trying to escape from the tragedies of the goals one never made or worked on and have chosen television or social media as a relief drug to escape the pain of failure to follow one's dreams. The relief is temporary, hence, the need to watch television over and over or be on social media addiction. Think about it, How much have you earned watching television or being on social media. Of course there are also ways you can make money using social media such as selling new and second items. How much have you earned forwarding jokes on WhatsApp or Facebook. I am guessing you are now counting the cost of Internet bundles 

When you think you are enjoying a movie, comedy or talk show, remember that you are just lost in some one else's success and yours is getting delayed. Be wise, your Free time is your prime time and begin using it for your success

Stay 

No comments:

In Their eyes We Looked like Grasshoppers

  WE are so Great as Africans no wonder someone has spent all their energies to convince us that we are nothing. Unfortunately, we have beli...